School Theater Schedule Changed; Assistant Principal Mr. Brown to Play God in Winter Musical

Bella Ninivaggi, Reporter

This year the drama department had an unexpected change in schedule that shook the entire in school and after school participants. Our advanced drama class would now be taking place in the fall semester as well as the advanced show; the after school drama club show would be taking place in the spring semester; and the regular drama class itself would run in both the fall and the spring.

As she has for the past several years, Mrs. Naughton will continue to direct our shows and teach the advanced drama classes, and middle school English teacher Mrs. Davis, who is also our choreographer for the shows, will be teaching the regular dramatics class this year.

Not only are the shows swapped now too, but they are both pushed back months to what their original dates would usually be. Starting last year our winter show was pushed back from mid February to mid December and the spring show stayed in its usual mid-May slot. This year, the advanced musical, which is the newly changed winter musical, will take place in the last week of November, and the non-exclusive after-school club show will be taking place mid March.

Our winter musical will be “Children of Eden” a beautiful musical interpretation of the well-known stories of “Adam and Eve” and “Noah’s Ark” written by Stephen Schwartz. Our leading actors this year include Carlo Tobia, Olivia Swanson, Marcella Hurley, Brandon Schroh, myself, and the iconic and Assistant Principal Mr. James Brown. Mr. Brown will be the lead of the show “Father/God” and is the only character who is in Act 1 and Act 2. Auditions for Footloose along with the cast list will be announced soon. “Children of Eden” will be November 29, 30, and December 1.