The news site of Wantagh High School.

The Warrior

The news site of Wantagh High School.

The Warrior

The news site of Wantagh High School.

The Warrior

Poll

Will You Be Streaming "The Tortured Poets Department"?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Senior Farewell: Caitlin Wiffler, Reporter

In 1975, author Joan Didion delivered a commencement address at UC Riverside. She told the graduates, “I’m just telling you to live in it…to look at it. To try to get the picture. To live recklessly. To take chances. To make your own work and take pride in it. To seize the moment.” As I prepare to graduate from Wantagh High School, these words have been circulating in my mind for the past year. Now, I am reminded of when I was first introduced to Didion’s work, in Mrs. Lopera’s AP Language and Composition class when we read “On Keeping a Notebook.” I remember being enthralled by Didion’s writing style, and inspired by her stories. This essay installed my adoration for the world of literature, all because of the influence of Mrs. Lopera. This is just one of the many times at Wantagh High School where I have learned not only an important skill for my future endeavors, but a life lesson, and a memory that I will cherish. I am forever grateful for all that I have learned at Wantagh High School, and for all the amazing people I have had the pleasure of knowing. 

As I look back on these past four years, I am reminded of all that I have learned beyond the world of academics. Thank you to all the teachers that have taught me immeasurable life lessons that I will carry with me to college. Thank you to all my friends who gave me the best memories and who have made saying goodbye to Wantagh so difficult! Thank you Wantagh High School for fostering my passion for learning and giving me the best four years!