The news site of Wantagh High School.

The Warrior

The news site of Wantagh High School.

The Warrior

The news site of Wantagh High School.

The Warrior

Poll

Will You Be Streaming "The Tortured Poets Department"?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Senior Farewell: Meghan Tucker, Associate Editor

Saying goodbye to a place that has felt like home for the past four years is going to be one of the hardest things I will ever have to do. My teachers and friends that fill the halls of Wantagh High School have made my experience over these years beyond memorable. I am lucky enough to look back and feel gratitude for my family and friends who without, I wouldn’t be who I am today. 

I joined Journalism in my junior year with an intent to fuel my love for writing and it did just that thanks to the guidance and support from Ms. Flynn and Mrs. Magnuson, who led the class with poise and devotion. I became Associate Editor my senior year and have watched the love for our paper, The Warrior, grow in the eyes of juniors who couldn’t wait to see their name in print, just as I had. The Warrior provided me with a platform to share my writing in articles that inform our school community and I hope that it continues to be an imperative part of Wantagh.

I was told that high school would go by in a blink of an eye countless times throughout my life and to cherish the good times while they last. I never believed them until now, or, honestly, I refused to believe them because leaving this town means leaving everyone and everything I’ve ever known. But, although change is hard, change is necessary and pushing yourself into an unknown world full of endless possibilities is the first step to achieve success and to live a life worth living. The class of 2023 has been put through a lot yet has accomplished a great deal and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of it.